Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Continue of layout

This is the graph that I follow. It is reduced about 50% so that it fits on my magnetic stand. As I complete the row I move up the magnetic bar & also mark off each end of the row. This way I always know where I'm up to. I like to do a double check system. I generally to this with all my projects.

The knitted part is over the bottom of the graph that I'm following. I am very happy that the size is coming out true to size. For handling reasons I have reduced the graph about 50% so I can set it up on the stand. Top picture will have the stand.



This is a close up view of the graph chart. I did this by hand. I first did a test swatch to determine gauge for both stitch & row. This special graph paper is 7 stitch to the inch and 9 rows to the inch, which was the gauge. Next I layed the graph paper over the final draw which was over a light box. Then colored in each appropriate box by hand. I use colored markers. I don't always use the exact colors I would knitting but close enough for me to be able to follow. After the colors are in place I then put in any stitch changes. It maybe hard to see but the white area is the double moss stitch. To indicate the purl stitch I put a line in the box. That was my key.




I thought I might have lost the posting so I hit publish post. I hope it's still there. here are the rest of the pictures I want to show. The other 2 were the final drawing & the final graph. Here are the rest of the pictures I want to show and explain.

No comments: