Thursday, February 12, 2009

Blanket Body done

Well last night I just finished knitting the blanket. I still have to do all the embroidery work. Which will be the detailing of the house and of Blue & Pail & Shovel. I will also be adding on some flowers that will be 3D. Today I had my knitting group here and I layed out the blanket on the floor. Everyone loved how it came out. Now I spend the time to stare at it to decide what type of border I what to do and the color that it will be in. I've been thru all my books (Knitting on the Edge & etc) a number of times and I have it narrowed down to a wide rib ruffle or a petite bell ruffle. I want to make it girlie because it's for Golda. I also want it in a color that would compliment the blanket and be feminine. I was thinking about a dark rose or lilac or even a pretty golden yellow. But I won't make my final decision until I go to the yarn store Knit and lay the blanket out there. The ladies there are always very helpful in helping me make my color choices. At the same time now I have to start to thinking about the next blanket and what colors will be in that one.
Well for tonight I'll take a rest from the blanket and work on Richards hat. At the rate I'm going I won't have it done until the end of the winter. All for now. Until the next time.

No comments: