Sunday, November 30, 2008

What's on my needles

This blogging is supposed to be about my knitting & I guess other things. So from now on I will be updating on my knitting progress at the end of each blog. It's a rainy day, so of course it's a more painful day. But lets not get into that. In 3 days it will be off to Mexico.
Projects-
1- Blues Clues Blanket- for Golda- it has taken me quite awhile to get into it. It took me 1 month to draw & graph. It was stop & go at the beginning because I was working on some other projects. I made some premmie hats for the triplets & made a long sleeve shrug for me to take on vacation to protect my arm from the elements. I hope that works. Now I'm into the blanket. It also physically harder to do because there are a lot of bobbins on the needles and I have to hold them up with my right arm. I like the way it's coming out but I'm a long way from finishing it and then there are 2 more to follow.
2- Silk Shawl- still on hold- beautiful silk yarn that I bought last spring from gift money from my students. I did want to finish the shawl to take on vacation with me but that didn't happen. I got about 5-6" done.
3-I want to make some gloves, hats & socks in between doing the blanket. But we will see. I don't like to be working on more then one thing at a time. Sometimes I like the break. I'm starting to get the winter magazines and there are so many things I would like to make but no time. You would think I would have time since I don't work and I'm at home all day. NOT! Well all for now. The computer is doing me in. It's time for knitting & a movie.

No comments: